Wednesday, March 17, 2010

design inspiration


Downtown Chic

If you haven't heard about these folks, then you soon will. Robert and Cortney Novogratz, the husband and wife team from Sixx Design are soon to have a new show on Bravo about their life in design called 9 By Design, debuting April 5th at 10pm. I highly recommend their new book: DownTown Chic Designing your Dream Home:from Wreck to Ravishing. What makes Robert and Cortney interesting to me isn't the fact that they have 6 kids or a lot of natural creative talent. It's that they appear to live a fearless life. Because they are both clearly cool and beautiful people, it would be really easy for me to hate them and feel permanently bitter. In fact, often I avoid any story or book like theirs because I don't like the ugly feelings that surface within me. So, after reading Downtown Chic and scouring their blog, I was so happy to find that all I felt was complete admiration for them. They started with very little, seem very grounded and like me, love to have fun. My favorite part of their book is when they talk about inviting "filler" people to their parties, which they define as random folks or new friends who add new fun or interest to their gatherings. I found this hilarious as I know for a fact that I have been used as a filler person before. As most of my friends know, I will go to almost any length to have fun! Robert and Cortney-congratulations on the show, I will definitely be watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment