Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meet Chet


Meet Chet

Here I go, in the hopes of balancing out the somber tone of my last post. I want to share one of my more current, enjoyable inspirations in my home: my new mannequin Chet. I must admit that my family is not wild about Chet, my husband does not understand how I don't see the creepiness factor. On the contrary, not only do I not find Chet creepy, I have found it hugely fun and creatively lucrative to give Chet a whole "back story" Oddly enough, Chet and I share many of the same passions: Miami, Esther Williams movies and an eagerness to make me happy. Chet is always super supportive, never judging me and always ready for fun at a moments notice. Sometimes, it scares me how easily his story rolls off my tongue. For example, my husband and I were hosting a large dinner party for a group of physicians and my husband suggested it might be fun if we put a stethoscope on Chet. Even I was surprised when I responded: well, ok but only if we tell people he is not really a doctor just uses the stethoscope to meet cute, male nurses. (we ended up not going with the stethoscope). I'm sure Chet's story will grow and evolve with only the limits of my vivid imagination. For now, every time I walk by Chet and see that wonderful creative "blank slate" I feel lucky to have found "someone" who so can so easily transport me into my technicolor dreams!

1 comment: